Saturday, January 26, 2013

What's On My Reading List??

Today's post isn't beauty related, it's a book post, YAY!! I recently sorted out my books and got rid of what I didn't want (bye bye 'A Tiny Bit Marvellous') and sorted out what I want to read....that left me with around 50+ books, which is mental. My parents always joke that my bedroom could be a library or dvd store and I realised they are right, whoops! After I'd twiddled them down, I decided that these four will be on my list this year. I'm currently on a Kathy Reichs binge and I have a fair few of her books to get to yet, but i'm looking forward to getting to these sooner or later.


Casual Vacancy - J.K.Rowling;
I think every Harry Potter fan wanted to read this when Jo revealed that she was writing a new book and I was one of them. I was intrigued to see how she'd write an adult book after writing children's books for ten years, so I asked my mum for this at Christmas. A lot of reviews have said it's good, but then some have said it's not what they were expecting, so this is definitely something i'm looking forward to reading.

Sisterhood Everlasting - Ann Brashares;
I've been a fan of the Sisterhood movies for years, I adore them. I haven't read the original books, but this one is set ten years later, so I wanted to read it and see what happened to the four characters when they became adults. I invested a lot of tears in these movies and this books promises a good send off to Tibby, Lena, Carmen and Bridget, so I can't wait to read this. (UPDATE 30/8/2017: I've only read this one out of all four books!)

The Power of Six - Pittacus Lore;
I've read 'I Am Number Four' (also, seen the movie) and this is the next book from the series. I've had this ages and ages and still haven't gotten around to reading it, but I will this year! I loved the first book, so i'm excited to read this one and then of course, by 'The Rise of Nine'.

The Land of Stories; The Wishing Well - Chris Colfer;
Chris Colfer plays Kurt in Glee. Kurt was one of my favourite characters in Glee, so I bought his book. Although this is a children's book, I was excited to see how Chris wrote and what his style was. This is described as a modern day fairytale and I haven't read any fairytale's sine I was little, so I'm excited to see how this book turns out.

Have you read any of these books? What's on your reading list?
Laura x

3 comments:

  1. Ive not read any of these, i actually love the sound of Chris Colfers book - will definately have to try and get hold of it at some point!

    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my reading list currently consists of dystopian novels!
    and my current read is The Forest of Hand and Teeth by Carrie Ryan and im loving it, i didnt think i would but apparently i dont mind a hint of zombies lol its also getting adapted on to the big screen which is why it caught my eye :/ rant over hehehe

    loving your blog, following now.
    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you hun! For some reason, I can't read two books at once! I get a bit confused when I return to the other book, hehe :)

      Laura x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x