Friday, December 14, 2012

REVIEW - Primark Beauty's Nail Polish Pack.

I popped into Primark yesterday whilst visiting my slave driver 'work coach' in town and finally picked up a pack of Primark's own nail polishes. I chose these ones over the other option because I feel like I'd wear 3/4 of these more than the ones in the other pack (which I for some reason, can't remember the colours of). As you can see from the lovely sticker I forgot to remove, these were £2 for a pack of four small polishes. Steal!


These don't have individual names like other brands do, but the colours are really pretty. The one of the left is the one in the picture below and is a blue/green pastel colour and looks really pretty on. Then there's a deep purple, a bright pink and another blue polish similar to the one that i'm wearing below.


I didn't take a picture of each (like I planned to) but you can see from the image that two coats of the polish gives a really nice pigmented finish. I found that the polish didn't last long after I'd been in the bath though as it chipped off quite a bit. I did try a second time with a coat of clear varnish on top and it did last a lot longer, so make sure you have a clear top coat if you use these ones.

Overall, I'm impressed, 50p for each polish is a bargain. The colours are lovely and give a really nice finish, so i'm not going to complain about the chipping issue because they were only 50p each and I've learnt that things from Primark don't really last too long.

Have you tried any of Primark's polishes? What do you think?
Laura x

4 comments:

  1. I keep going to pick these up every time I'm in Primark then ended up not getting them. After seeing this post I'm going to give them a try, that blue is a lovely colour and the pigmentation seems good too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same. I picked them up and thought they'd be rubbish, but like I said, I was quite surprised :)

      Laura xoxo
      http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. First of all, loving the new banner! Very Christmas! Hadn't noticed that haha. & that blue colour is absolutely stunning. Can't believe it's primark. I keep putting these off because I don't really do cheap polishes as the smell tends to kill me :( I agree with you, the colours are pretty! Can't believe it chipped dead easy though :/ nice review! Might need to pick these up now xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks lovely!

      I know what you mean, the smell isn't too bad for a cheap nail polish, but everyone's different I suppose. I know, I was annoyed they chipped off so easily, that's the downside. The only polish I've used and hasn't chipped after a shower are the two OPI's that I own...can't afford many of them though :(


      Laura xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...