Sunday, 9 December 2012

REVIEW - Rimmel, Collection, LOreal Foundations.

Last night I had a rummage through my top drawer and found quite a few bottles/tubes/pots of foundation. I really hadn't realised that i'd collected so many, but with me, if something's out of sight, it's also out of mind....so that could explain it. I thought it would be a good idea to just do a big review on all the foundations to save me boring you with review after review on each of them. So, if this post gets a little long, I apologise in advance.


I mentioned in a previous post about this foundation that I'd bought it hoping it was going to be a Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse dupe. I wasn't too wrong, it does do the same job as the matte mousse by covering up imperfections and giving a matte finish, but at the time I had bad dry skin and mousse does not go well with dry skin. But as a foundation it is really lovely, it smooths on easy and leaves you with a nice even skin tone. If you're looking for a cheaper version of Maybelline's then this is one you should check out.

#2 - Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light - £7.99
I bought this when BB Creams were everywhere. Everyone was talking about them, beauty bloggers were raving about them and they claimed to give you almost perfect looking skin. My answer to that is a classic Family Fortunes - EH UH. BB Cream did nothing for me except make me look really shiny. The lightest shade was also too dark for me, so even if I liked it, I couldn't have continued to use it. This BB Cream didn't cover up imperfections and didn't moisture my skin neither, so to me this was a waste of money.

I bought this on a whim, I was perusing Boots make-up aisle and came across this one. The bottle drew me towards it as I think the pink and the colour of the foundation look really gorgeous together. The foundation itself isn't that gorgeous though, sadly. It was too dark for me, it made me look shiny and it didn't cover anything up. I was really disappointed with this one more so that the others as this one claims to 'adapt to your skin tone' and clearly it doesn't.

This is one of my favourite foundations. Even though this one's a little too pale, yes I said 'too pale'(!), I think this is one of the best foundations i've ever used. It glides on perfectly, it doesn't leave any tide marks and it covers up any imperfections my skin throws at me. I wore this when I was on holiday and the weather was horrendous. It rained 4/5 days and the wind was really strong and this foundation lasted for hours even in the bad weather. So, this is well worth the money.

#5 - L'Oreal True Match Foundation in Rose Ivory - £8.49
This one is also a favourite of mine. When I wear this my skin feels like i'm not wearing anything and it looks like i'm not wearing anything, too. The foundation is a really nice creamy formula, which I think helps to hydrate my skin instead of drying it out like some others I've tried. It covers up my blemishes and again, it matches my skin tone perfectly. This is definitely a foundation i'd recommend. If you're on the paler side like myself, this foundation has about three different shades for us ladies, so you'd most definitely find a match.

I got this from my cousin as she knew it was a foundation I wanted to try out, but I was extremely disappointed with this one. It claims to calm the skin, reduce redness and control shine. I wanted it because of the 'reducing shine' promise because I tend to get quite oily on the tzone during the day, but that promise was a lie. This foundation left me with a matte finish, but that only lasted for about an hour and I don't want to be having to powder up all throughout the day. It did even out my complexion a little, but that's about it. I got this is 'light ivory', which seemed a teensy bit too dark and i'm not sure is they have a lighter shade.

Again, this was a foundation I hoped would be a Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse dupe and I wasn't too wrong with this one. It covered up my imperfections and made my skin look almost flawless, BUT it also wore off after an hour and left me shiny. It was good while it lasted on, but a disappointment when it came to lasting power. I have combination skin, so someone who doesn't have this problem would probably find this to be a really good foundation.

Phew! That was a long one....I did apologise in advance, though, so you can't hold it against me! 
Have you tried any of these foundation? Which one is your favourite?
Which foundation would you recommend to me?
Laura x

4 comments:

  1. Wow you've tried so many! I really want to try and love a BB cream but I haven't gotten around to it yet!
    the foundation I use at the moment is a body shop moisturising foundation in 03 and I LOVE IT. It leaves a slightly dewy finish but it's nothing a light dusting of powder doesn't solve :) Great post, thanks for sharing x

    peachycurves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun!
      Yeah, I'm so picky, it's annoying and also my bank balance. I didn't know the body shop did make-up (i'm not one to wonder in there much). I just got the 'Joy' card, so I might pop in next weekend :)

      Laura xoxo

      Delete
  2. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation is my current favourite - i love it!
    Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation is really good too :)
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This two are the ones i've been wanting to try, i'm hoping when the new year comes in i'll have enough pennies to try them :)

      Laura xoxo

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x