Monday, December 17, 2012

Tag - Christmas!

I found this little tag over on Lauren's blog, Peachy Curves, and as you know, I love them, so here are my answers to this Christmas tag!

1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?

Over here in the UK we don't have Black Fridays, we just shop whenever we have the money, I think. My Mum has taught me to start Christmas shopping early, so that you can relax whilst everyone else goes crazy in the last few weeks run up to Christmas Day. So, I started in August/September this year and next year I plan on getting an Asda card and topping it up each week so that when December arrives, I won't have to worry about money.

2. If you could be in any Christmas movie, what would it be?
I'd have to go with ELF. I'm not really a big fan of Will Ferrell, I actually find him quite annoying sometimes, but I'd love to have met Buddy the Elf! Zooey Deschanel is also in this movie and I love her, so that would have been a plus :)



3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas Eve. I find Christmas Day quite depressing because in 24 hours the day is over and you've got to wait another 365 days for it to come around again.

4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
We put it up on the first of December every year and my Mum and I decorate. I put all the baubles on and make sure they are spread out evenly and the reds/golds are close together. Then my Mum puts the tinsel around it and I finish up with adding the fairy lights :)

5. White lights or coloured lights?
Definitely, white lights. Coloured ones look a little bit tacky to me, sorry!


weheartit.com

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
Guilty! I always have a little nose at them when my Mum puts them in the room. I can't help it! I'm nineteen, but Christmas still excites me!


7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?
Santa's Workshop. I don't like gingerbread.

8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
We don't really have any. I get to open a couple of presents about midnight and then I help my Mum set out my brother and dad's presents in the living room. Christmas Day is the only day we actually spend in the living room, we live in the dining room all year, so it makes a change.

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
My boyfriend, of course. After the thoughts and pennies that went into his presents, i'd better get more than a kiss ;)

10. What tops your tree?

A red bow with golden glitter on it. We had a fairy, but she must have put some pounds on because the tree almost toppled over when we tried putting her on it this year....


11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?

Uhm, not really, I can give you a partridge in a pear tree and 2 turtle doves though!

12. Have you ever gone Christmas carolling?

When I was younger. I wouldn't dare go out now, the people around here are all moody farts.


13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?

YES. THERE IS ONLY EIGHT DAYS TO GO :D

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every Christmas season?
Even though it's there all year: chocolate! And the pigs in blankets are yummy :)

15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
It still has a special place in my heart as being the best time of year. But as I've gotten older, I feel like it's became a lot more technical...if that makes sense. It's all about getting in and buying presents, rushing around to grab bargains, spending a months worth of money for one day and then at the end of it everyone ending up drunk. I'm not so big in booze, so I can't stand people getting drunk in my presence. Alcohol doesn't have a good place in my heart, I have a drink now and again, but it's just something I find can easily turn a situation bad.


Let me know if you do the tag!
Laura x

4 comments:

  1. Mmm pigs in blankets. Pig wrapped in pig. I could never be a vegetarian. Not while bacon and chicken are around.
    I don't like alcohol either tbh, don't see the point of it! I like that you're honest :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it weird that I never even thought about the 'pig wrapped in pig' thing? I agree, I couldn't become a vegetarian whilst chicken is around :) x

      Delete
  2. such a fun christmas tag!!! christmas is indeed a very magical holiday which everyone loves! =D

    x
    elviemousse.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...