Saturday, November 03, 2012

REVIEW | Skin Care | Vitamin E Radiance Eye Cream.

Today's review features Superdrug's own 'Vitamin E Radiance Eye Cream'. I've never used any of the Superdrug own brand skin care range, so I thought since my 'Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream' was running out I'd give this one a go. 
As you can see the packaging is pretty basic and simple, which I have no problem with. It does, however, supply you with all the information you need about the cream, which is brilliant! 

The packaging says that this cream 'helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, puffiness and dark circles'. It's a 'light, non-greasy formulation' which is high in natural Vitamin E and antioxidants. It 'protects the delicate eye area from environmental damage' and also contains 'SPF15 which helps to protect sensitive skin'.
I bought this a couple of weeks ago from Superdrug, it was £2.99 for a 15ml tube. I'd suspect this would last you a good while as a little bit seems to go a long way, so it's worth the money if you like it. It also doesn't really have a smell to it either, so that's good if you don't like fancy smelling skin care products.

EXPERIENCE.
On first application I found the cream to be quite thick and when I applied it to the skin around my eye it seemed to change consistency quite quickly. The creamy feel of it seemed to transform into a hard to blend out formula in a couple of seconds. Instead of just sweeping on like my 'Balance Me' eye cream, it seemed to dry up a little fast and when I was applying it, the skin around my eye seemed to drag along with the cream. Not something I'd want from an eye cream, really. 

Also when it dries, it leaves behind a kind of glittery residue, which I assume is what makes the dark circles appear lighter. But to be honest, I don't want a load of glitter under my eyes when i'm just popping to the shops.
Sadly, i'm not too impressed by this product at all. It promises a lot, but doesn't give what it promises. So, I definitely won't be buying this again, which i'm a little annoyed about because it was cheap and would've fit well into my skin care budget routine. It also contains a load of parabens, which as we all know isn't a very good thing to use on your body.
Oh well, I suppose my search for an alternative to the 'Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream' still continues...
Have you tried any of the Superdrug Vitamin E range? 
Laura x

3 comments:

  1. I've got both the Balance Me.Wonder Eye Cream & The Superdrug Vitamin E one.

    I'd choose the Balance Me one any day!

    I hate the glittery bits in the eye cream too! Their facial moisturiser is the same. But I would recommend the Hot Cloth Cleanser, its really nice :)

    Laura x
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I got mine in September's Glossybox and i'm really sad it's run out. It seems too pricey to buy at the minute, so fingers crossed i'll have some spare money after Christmas :)

      Delete
  2. I love the vitamin e hot cloth cleanser, totally recommend trying it out!:)
    liinukallinen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x