Friday, November 16, 2012

TAG | Beauty Blogger tag.

 I was just having a little wander through some beauty blogs and came across this beauty blogger tag. Now if you know anything about me by now, it's that I love survey/questionaire type things, so when I saw this, I thought yay! 
So here is the beauty blogger tag, hope you enjoy!

image from weheartit.com

Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I have been blogging since August, so only a couple of months up to this point. I've been blogging on different sites like Livejournal for a few years but I was inspired to do a beauty blog after watching Bubz Beauty's videos over on Youtube. I think she's so lovely and her videos taught me how to apply eyeliner....I know, I am such a noob! After that I checked out Zoe over at Zoella's blog and I just decided to start up my own blog. I'm not ever going to be as recognised as Zoe or Bubz, but i've got my own thing and i'm happy with it.

Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
Zoella: I really enjoyed her posts and reading her reviews, but she hasn't really blogged much a lately which is a shame, but her blog was the first I found on here.
&
Vicky at Daily Hoots: When I read her blog I couldn't help thinking that she was a lovely person, she seems so down to earth and genuine. Her blog is really cute and I love her posts.

Most Important part about doing a blog post?
Being honest about the thing you are reviewing. If you're not going to be honest there's no point to reviewing products because the whole point to a review is to be honest. I said honest a little too much in there, didn't I?

What kind of Camera do you use?
I use my Fujifilm Finepix S1600, i'm working out how to fully use all of the functions on the camera still as it's the first 'proper' professional type camera I have ever owned, it's a lot more difficult to use than a normal 'diddy' camera.

What was the first blog-o-sphere hyped about product you bought and was it worth the hype?
I'm not sure, to be honest. I read a lot of reviews, but since i'm tight on money I rarely get the chance to afford most of the stuff that is reviewed. 

What are your favourite five things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
1.  Having a legit reason for buying beauty products....'to review them for my blog, Mum!'
2. Finding bloggers with the same interests.
3.  Getting a chance to try and bring my creative side back out, it went into hiding after school.
4. I have a problem with letting people know my opinion on things, so blogging about beauty products gives me a chance to do that without annoying everyone.
5. Getting feedback. I love reading people's comments. So, feel free to leave one the next time you pop by!

What have you learned from being a beauty blogger?
I have learned quite a lot about make-up and my skin care regime and the fact that you don't have to spend loads to get good quality make-up. I've also learned to be more daring with my clothing and make-up choices, so blogging and seeing other bloggers posts has given me more confidence to be myself.

Have you changed anything since being a beauty blogger?
Besides my make-up, not really. I try updating my blog's look and the pictures that I post to make them better, but that's about it really.

What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
Don't have expectations. You can read blog after blog and notice that they have hundreds of followers and then sit and wonder why you don't. I realised that it can take forever before your blog gets circulation and becomes a pin for people to come back to, so don't be put off by not gaining a load of followers in one day. I only have 20 and this is after 3 months, so....yeah. 

Your Favorite Eyeshadow Palette?
My favourite would be my old Elysee Eyeshadow Palette. It has lovely neutral colours and some nice adventurous ones to mix it up, so I don't have to worry about carrying different palettes with me.

The Best Beauty Deal?
Oooh, I'd probably say my L'Oreal Infallible foundation. I got it for £6.99, in store it's about £13, so I got a half knocked off.

Makeup Regrets?
The MUA bronzer. It's way too dark for my skin tone.

Name your top five Beauty brands!
1. L'Oreal.
2. Rimmel.
3. Maybelline.
4. MUA.
5. Collection 2000.

Recommend your top five favourite beauty products!
1. Garnier Pure Anti Blackhead Scrub.
2. Almay Skin Balancing Base.
3. L'Oreal's True Match Foundation.
4. MUA Deep Brown Pencil Eyeliner.
5. Natural Collection's Pressed Powder.


I tag anyone else who wants to this,
let me know so I can have a nosey :)
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...