Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Party Outfit Blogger Challenge!

Hello lovelies,
I've seen this floating around a few blogs the past couple of days and I had a lot of fun making up my outfits for the previous outfit challenge, so I thought i'd give it a go. 

The challenge has been set by the lovely people over at FashionVouchers.com and the challenge is to create a lovely outfit for the Christmas Party season for £100 or less. There are three vouchers worth £100 each for the best three outfits selected by the judges. All you have to do is go to their website, pick one of their retail merchants and design your own outfit with their offerings.

So these are what I picked. I chose New Look as my merchant because I shop there a lot and they have a collection for bigger ladies like myself called 'Inspire', which is where I picked out the lovely blue dress. I know blue isn't necessarily associated with Christmas, but I thought almost everyone would go with a red dress, so I chose something different to the norm. I added the grey tights because it is Winter, so wearing a dress alone is not a smart idea and these go well with the dress, so they're just an added touch for warmth. When I looked at the outfit so far I knew I wanted to add some warmth to it, which is where the Burgundy jacket comes into it. I thought the red and blue went well together and created a rich tone to the outfit. I picked the shoes as the nude/burgundy tied in lovely with the blue/grey and again added to the rich tone of the outfit. After I sorted the basics of an outfit, I moved onto accessories. The earrings are a simple pink/sparkly feather drop and I think they look really nice in contrast with the jacket. I decided on a black punk bracelet to add a bit of edge to the outfit and finally I picked the red shimmery nail polish to finish up the outfit and add one more touch of Christmas.

So what do you think? It's not the traditional look for a Christmas outfit, but it's definitely something I would wear. 

For more details on the competition and to make your own outfit, check out FashionVouchers website.

2 comments:

  1. This is a fab outfit. I live thd blazer and the dress x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I hardly ever wear dresses, so I like to see what they'd be like put with an outfit :)

      http://pale-girl-reviews.blogspot.com
      Laura xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x