Thursday, October 25, 2012

TAG | Why Do I Wear Make-up?



1. When did you begin to love makeup? 
Well, for as long as I can remember I've been a fan of make-up. I wasn't really a girly-girl when I was younger, but when I was with my cousins they'd always be messing around applying eyeshadows and such, so I obviously wanted to join in. I didn't start seriously applying make-up until I went to college. It sounds weird since I was sixteen, but I felt a little uncomfortable at college with all the other girls having done their make-up and their hair, so I decided to start looking on Youtube and I started learning to apply make-up properly via Bubz Beauty (if you haven't heard of her, check her out on a Youtube, she's adorable & amazing!) So, my love for make-up only started a couple of years ago and I feel like I've come a long way since those eyeshadow days.

2. How do you feel without makeup?
It depends on how my skin is, to be honest. If i'm having a good skin day and there's no dark patches on my skin, then I feel like I could go out and feel a little comfortable without make-up on. But mostly I feel gross without it on. I feel more like a girl with make-up on, I know that sounds weird as I am in fact a girl, but you know what I mean...the applying it and faffing about with the different colours, I enjoy it and it makes me feel a lot better about myself and my appearance. Make-up really is a gem to me!

3. What do you like about makeup? 
Well, as I've said make-up makes me feel better about myself and how I look. It covers up my imperfections whilst highlighting my features and making me feel confident. It's like putting on a mask, but staying as yourself....that doesn't really make sense, but you get my point. I hope.

4. Three 'Holy Grail' Items: 
Ooh, well this one is fairly easy for me, since I don't really faff about with too many different products.

1 - L'Oreal True Match Foundation in 'Rose Ivory' - I don't think I'd have the confidence make-up gives me without having a good foundation and this one matches my skin tone perfectly and looks really natural, it's my go -to foundation, always.
2 - MUA Eyeliner Pencil in 'Brown' - I think black eyeliner gives me a goth look which there's nothing wrong with, but with being pale I wanted my eyes to look soft and using a brown eyeliner does that for me. It's not harsh against my skin tone and it looks really nice with my eye colour (grey/blue).
3 - MUA Mascara  in 'Black' - My eyelashses, for an unknown reason, have ginger roots. I know....My natural hair colour isn't ginger, so i'm not sure why my lashes are. So, MUA's mascara helps to elongate my lashes whilst covering up my ginge tinge lashes. My eyelashes are already long naturally, so the little bit of length this mascara gives me is just right.

I hope you've enjoyed my rubbish ramblings. I'm not expert when it comes to make-up, so if this doesn't make sense, don't worry, it's not you, it's my lack of putting my thoughts into words ability. Thank you for reading, anyway. I'll tag whoever is reading this (hey!), let me know if you do this so I can have a nosey :)

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x