Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pale Girl's 1st Glossybox; September 2012.

Hello lovelies, how is the weekend treating you? My weekend has been boring so far, I was meant to go out with the family but my Dad decided to go help someone move some furniture and didn't come home until three. It was too late and I couldn't be bothered moving, so we stayed in. I enjoyed watching 'Jurassic Park' in bed, though. I haven't spent a Saturday in bed for ages! 

This post is my first ever Glossybox review. I know we're into October now, but the September Glossybox took a while to actually get to me, for some unknown reason, so it took longer to try out the products.

Glossybox is a monthly subscription beauty box - £10 + £2.95 p&p.

As it was my first box, I took sneak peaks on fellow blogs to look at the design and the contents and I can say one thing: the box design is lovely! I like it so much it's sat on the side of my dressing table with my beauty essentials inside :)


Even though it's my first box, if i'm honest, I was disappointed. I knew when I subscribed that you got five beauty samples. Samples being the word. I expected the items to be slightly bigger and have more product in them, but they really are samples.


The contents included:

Lady Gaga 'Fame' Fragrance Sample: If i'm honest this was the one thing I was excited about the most. I've been wanting to test this out since it hit the shelves, but haven't had the chance (or memory) to go have a spritz. But I love it, it smells really nice, not as musky as I imagined it would be, but more of a sweet, girly scent...and it lasts on the skin for a few hours, which is always nice.

Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum & 5 Minute Facial: I haven't tried these out yet, but I gave my Mum one of each to sample, as she loves stuff like this that promise a facelift in a bottle, and she said they were rubbish. So, I don't have an opinion on these.

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream sample: I really like this cream. I can't say i've seen much change in the few lines I have under my eyes, but the dark circles do seem to have brightened up a little and have become a little less noticeable.

Vichy Idealia Day Care Cream: The first thing I noticed about this was the smell. It smells gorgeous! The feel on the skin is really nice, it's not thick and blends into the skin really well. It left my skin feeling really soft and with a slight glow.

Maghrabian Hair Oil: I'll be honest I haven't tried this yet. My hair is oily enough so I'm slightly dubious whether the try it or not. But I probably will because the blogasphere is a buzz with hair oils at the minute, isn't it? So I might aswell jump on the bandwagon at some point!

What I think: Disappointed. I was expecting bigger samples and some different products. All of these products were mainly skin care based....I was hoping for a make-up sample of some kind in there....I'm not sure whether i'll be getting this months box because the Joliebox/SheSaidBeauty boxes seems to have more interesting products in theirs.....

What do you think to this Glossybox? Would you recommend Joliebox or SheSaidBeauty?

2 comments:

  1. Ooo looks like a great box. Love the packaging! I've never tried Glossybox but I have tried a couple of the She Said Beauty boxes which I liked. I also recommend Betrousse if you're a fan of French Skincare like myself. Ps, fabaroony blog! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Well with it being my first, I might be being a bit too harsh, but I want to try out the She Said Beauty one, too :)

    I've not heard of Betrousse, will deffo check it out :)

    Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...