Sunday, 23 September 2012

The 10 day 'YOU' challenge.

Hello! I have been noseying around people's blogs and reading through all their old posts and enjoying what they write about, followed a couple too, so hello to them! I also came across a challenge over at Vicky's blog and thought that it looked interesting, so I'm here today to begin that challenge and share it with you, feel free to DIY!

(made this myself)

So the first one is day #10 random facts, so here goes.

Fact #1: I don't know what to do with my life. I was home-school from the age of eleven and never did any GCSE's or A-Levels, so I have no qualifications. This of course affects all aspects of my life as I don't have proof I can do anything and job people don't like that, so I have no clue what to do. If I don't have any qualifications I don't have any chance of getting a good job and this makes me feel worthless.

Fact #2: I've always been a big girl. All my life I never fit into the clothes all my friends did and I can't really dress 'on trend' even now because most stores don't stock my size and I am not willing to pay £30 for a top that I might not even end up wearing. My weight does bring me down sometimes, but I don't think i'll ever be able to fit into a size 14 jeans and I'm not really sorry. I'm okay with my weight right now, but I am planning to start healthy eating after Christmas, no point now because of the yummy treats at Christmas, and hopefully i'll get down to a size 18. I'd be happy with myself then.

Fact #3: I love Christmas. I know a lot of people count Christmas as their favourite time of year, but sincerely Christmas to me is pure love. It makes me feel warm inside, if you understand what I mean. I get giddy like a kid when the movies start showing and the music comes on the radio and the decorations go up in shops and on houses.....I just love it. It's amazing. I, literally, wish it could be Christmas everyday!

Fact #4: I hate my teeth. When I was little I had a lump that grew on the roof of my mouth, just behind my two front teeth and it got really big and and pushed the two teeth forward. When I had the lump surgically removed it left my teeth with a big gap in between them and I hate it. Also one tooth is a little bit crooked, so even though there's a gap between the front teeth, it feels like my left tooth overlaps the right one. I won't go to the dentist to get them fixed though, the dentist terrifies me! (A bonus fact).

Fact #5: I adore the Harry Potter series. I started watching them after the second movie came out, so I would have been nine, and I asked for the book collection (1-4) for my birthday. And I got it, so I spent the next few months reading through them and I just loved it! When the movies came to an end I felt like a part of my childhood had died, I know it's sad but....I cried, i'll admit it. I was really sad. I still can't believe it's come to an end, makes me feel a little sad inside, but:

“Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”

Fact #6: I don't have many friends. Besides my boyfriend and the people I talk to online, my social life is non-existent. I'm not totally anti-social, I just find that people my age that live near me have different ideas about what to do with their time. They like getting 'wasted' and drinking until they pass out, I like watching movies and having a couple of bottles of cider with my boyfriend and family. The way I like spending my time is no where near how they like spending theirs, so I just don't bother. I'd rather be home nice and warm watching tv then out getting drunk.

Fact #7: I tend to collect things. I don't mean in a stamp collecting way, I mean, if someone's bought me something chances are it will still be in my room five years later. I hate getting rid of things, so I put them in a box under my bed and forget about them until I clean out my room again. I do annoy myself because I know that most of the stuff will never be used or read or watched, but I keep them. So, I made a decision in my head that every other month, I will clear out my room and donate things I don't want to the local charity shop. They need the stuff more than I do..

Fact #8: I love New York City. Ever since seeing Home Alone 2 as a kid, I've always wanted to go to New York City at Christmas. Whenever I saw it as a kid, even now, I dream of going there. My family always say 'we'll get you there one day', but I can't see it myself. I've only ever been abroad once and that was to Disneyland Paris when I was eleven, but I didn't go with my parents so i'd love to go somewhere with them and New York is the one place i'm desperate to go. 
Others: Rome, Paris (again!), San Francisco and Ireland.

Fact #9: I hate shopping for clothes. Now this is kind of half and half. I like shopping online for clothes because I know for a fact my size will definitely be on the website. But I hate shopping in stores because they never have my size. I used to shop at Primark all the time, but I put on weight, so I stopped and then last year they started selling size 20, so I thought 'Ooh, I can start going in again for clothes'....wrong! Primark's size 20 is tiny and doesn't even fit my mum and she's a size 16, so I don't know who makes Primark's clothing but they know nothing about a bigger girls body.

and finally...

Fact #10: I love my boyfriend with my entire heart and soul. I tell him this every day and even after almost two years together, he still doesn't believe me when I tell him. Yes, of course we have arguments over stupid stuff and he knows how to push my buttons, but he means more to me than anything in the world, I just wish he'd believe me <3

So that's my first post of the 'you' challenge...what do you think? 
Laura x

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of this challenge! I've really enjoyed reading this Laura :)

    I totally agree with you on Fact 6. My "friends" are exactly the same. So its just me and my boyfriend most of the time.

    & Fact 9, Primark are super crappy with their sizes! Sometimes I'll get a size 8, then other times I have to get a 14. Bit ridiculous really.

    I hope your boyfriend reads your fact 10, awww, how sweet!

    Laura x
    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x