Monday, 24 September 2012

Drop Dead Diva.

Hello, how's everyone doing? Good or bad start to the week? Mine wasn't too bad, the rain put a damper on everything, so I've spent the day in the house with my family watching tv and pigging out on lots of junk food (bad I know!). Speaking of tv, this post is just about that. I got some time to myself the past week and I decided it was time to get on with watching a tv show that i've been wanting to finish watching for ages:

Drop Dead Diva.
I absolutely adore this show. I've had the first season on dvd for the past two years, but never got round to finishing it...I actually still haven't yet, i've got another disc to watch. But I wanted to post it on here because of the lead actress, Brooke Elliot. I think she is absolutely gorgeous, her body is stunning and she's an amazing actress to boot. It's the first time i've seen a big girl in the main role of a show or movie in a while and it's really refreshing! I love the confidence that her character, Jane, has and how confident she is with her body, but I also like that it shows the insecurities that some bigs girls have, like: going into a clothing store and them not stocking your size and them looking down on you. 
This show made me feel a little more confident in myself and my body. 

Besides that the show is really good. If you haven't seen it, it starts with Deb, a twenty something skinny wannabe model who goes out and gets killed in a car accident and when she goes to heaven she hits the 'return' button and comes back to earth into the body of the recently deceased, Jane, a thirty something lawyer who is totally opposite to herself. After that she accepts her new life and gets on with the life that Jane led as she still harbours all of Jane's intelligence as a lawyer.

It sounds a little confusing, but it is definitely worth the watch. It's currently on season four in America, but I think we've only had two seasons over here in Blighty, so i'd recommend you buy the dvd or watch it here online, you won't regret it!

Are you a fan of Drop Dead Diva? Would you consider watching it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x