Wednesday, 15 August 2012

REVIEW - SP Balance Scalp Serum.

From birth I had really nice, thick hair, which grew out down to my waist and looked really full and bouncy. Then I turned 15 and my hair began to thin out due to having PCOS, so I started doing some research and I was going to save up and buy some Viviscal Supplement tablets to help to thicken my hair back up. Then I went into Home Bargains and found a product that promised to help balance out the scalp and encourage hair growth/reduce hair loss, so obviously I was intrigued to give it a go.


The product I am referring to is SP's Balance Scalp Serum. I'd heard of SP before from salons but never heard of anything of this kind before. The bottle (which is oddly glass) says that it is: 'an intensive strengthening serum with a patented formula which makes thinning hair stronger, it can reduce hair loss by up to 50%. Balance Scalp Energy Serum delicately balances and soothes sensitive scalps as well as strengthening thin hair to reduce hair loss'.

After using it for a couple of months, it has made my hair feel a lot stronger and I don't lose as much hair as I used to, which has made me feel a bit more confident. Plus when I apply it it makes my head feel really cool and refreshed, which is a nice sensation.

The product ingredients include caffeine, which is becoming quite popular in hair loss products as of late, so if you have any allergies make sure to check out the product ingredients first.

The product comes in the form of a water-like liquid inside a heavy glass bottle, which includes a glass 'turkey baster' like stick inside it, this sucks up the liquid and helps you to distribute it evenly over the scalp and onto the roots of your hair. Apply this two to three times a week, preferably the night before you're planning to wash your hair and leave it in to work it's magic.

This is available for £2.99 at Home Bargains or for the full price of £11.96 @ BeautyBay.com.
Any chance any of you lovely lot have tried it?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x