Sunday, 12 August 2012

REVIEW - Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream - Light.

I only recently jumped onto the BB Cream bandwagon, I'd never heard of it until a free sample advertisement popped up on the side of Facebook and I thought, it's free so I might as well give it a go. (We all do when it comes to make-up!)


If you don't know, BB Cream stands for Blemish Balm and it was first made a big deal of over in Korea and claimed to give you flawless, but natural looking skin.

The BB Cream that I got sent was Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream in 'Light', which sadly ended up being WAY too orange for my skin.... When I tried it for the first time, I didn't feel like it was anything special, it made my skin feel nice but didn't give me much coverage. The reviews that I have read on other blogs are just people saying that the BB Cream is just a tinted moisturiser and that is basically what it is, it doesn't say on the tube that it's a foundation, so I don't see why people are surprised so much when they try it. If you've got flawless skin, you'll probably be happy with just the BB Cream, but if you've got spots/scars/imperfections then you will need some concealer or a foundation over the top of it for coverage.

The BB Cream itself is quite thin in consistency, so be careful when squeezing it out as it is extremely runny and you can end up wasting a fair bit of the product. The tube says that this is gel-based, but it does feel more watery than gel as it spreads quite thinly, it reminds me of water colours.

So, if you're just looking for something quick and easy to apply and you don't need much coverage, this is your product. But if you need some extra coverage, I wouldn't recommend it too much as it doesn't give you that at all. 



Are you on the BB Cream bandwagon? What do you think?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment & let me know what you thought of the post *insert cheesy grin* x