Friday, August 31, 2012

REVIEW - L'Oreal Paris' Infallible Foundation in Porcelain.

The Sunday before I went on holiday I was inside the Alhambra Shopping Centre, Barnsley, and came across a small make-up stand that was selling anything from foundation to nail polishes. I had a quick glance around all the items and decided that I would give this new foundation a try.
L'Oreal Paris' Infallible 24hr Foundation in Porcelain (with built in brush). 
I saw a review of this foundation on another beauty blog and saw that it came in a shade light enough for my pale skin, yay! I was contemplating buying it, but with going on holiday the day after I couldn't afford to spend the £12 price tag on a foundation that might not work. But luckily, my family and I went to the shopping centre and I came across this foundation at the stall for almost half off, so I got it for £6.99, which to me was a steal considering the original price.

I didn't have time to test it out before the holiday, but I've been out in the sun/wind/rain all week and I can now give you a honest review.

Firstly I'd like to say, even though I said 'Porcelain' is the only shade that suits me, this one was a little bit too pale for me. So, if you are really pale, this would probably suit you a lot better, but if you've got a warmer undertone stay clear as this will make you pasty.

My first day on holiday I had no spots or pimples, and this foundation smoothed on really well, blended out really well and slightly hid my scars from previous spot bother. But as the week went on I got a bug bite on my cheek and it didn't cover that so well, even with concealer underneath. So, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has a lot of acne or pimples, as it won't give the coverage you're after. Also, as I mentioned in this post, I have facial hair issues and this foundation didn't help or disguise this problem, it just made the re-growth more noticeable, which really doesn't boost a girl's confidence.


The packaging is really nice, I like the clear base and the berry coloured features, it really gives the bottle an expensive look to it and makes it look like you'd have bought it from some place other than the high street. The bottle is made of plastic, so no worries on dropping it, it also has it's own brush which makes the application a whole lot easier, you just twist the bottom of the tube and voila, the product emerges through the brush and is ready to be applied. It says that it gives a matte finish, which is kinda does, but I like to dust a little bit of pressed powder over the top just to make sure.


The staying power of this foundation is also very good. It does stay on for a long time, probably 6-7 hours before it becomes dried out and faded. It stayed on me through all kinds of weather, so I really can't fault it's staying power. I can't say it lasts 24 hours, but it does last a normal person's working day.

Have you tried this foundation? What do you think?
Laura x


Updated - The tube brush broke on me and wouldn't pump any of the product out. So, I had to break the tube in half, which wasn't easy. I'm not sure if this is a thing with this foundation or whether I was unlucky, but you should consider buying the product without the brush feature.

2 comments:

  1. Is this a foundation for a pink skin undertone? I have fair skin but it's got a pink/cool undertone. I have tried Nars Sheer Matte foundation in Siberia, it is too yellow for me. Also, lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you!
      It doesn't look too yellow/orange on me, so I definitely think it's got more of a pink undertone to it :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x