Thursday, August 16, 2012

REVIEW - Collection 2000 Colour Match Foundation - 001 Ivory

I was having a random look around Superdrug today and came across the Collection 2000 'Work the Colour' section of the makeup stands and saw the price of everything was under £4.00. After a good fifteen minutes of checking out every item (and annoying my boyfriend), I picked a product that I liked the look and sound of.



I chose Collection 2000's Colour Match Foundation in the lightest available shade '001 Ivory'. When I was looking at all the make-up, it came down to this one and the Lasting Perfection Foundation, but when I blobbed a bit of the LPF on my hand (bad laura!) it looked far too dark for my skin tone. So I went with this one in Ivory.

I applied it for the first time last night and it's actually that not bad. I didn't expect it to be amazing for the price, but it has surprised me. It's just a tad darker than my skin tone, but it blends easily and doesn't give off a green tinge like a few other cheap foundations I've used. It dries pretty quick and doesn't wear after a few hours either. It doesn't give a matte finish, which annoyed me a little, so you might have to add a little powder to set it, but all in all, it's not that bad for under £4.00. It's definitely not my favourite foundation, but it's alright for beginners.

Have you tried this brand? What do you think?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x