Friday, August 03, 2012

REVIEW - Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation in 004 Light Porcelain.

To begin life on my new little blog, I am going to review one of my absolute favourite foundations: Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse Foundation. I first got this foundation a couple of years ago when I started college. I didn't really wear much makeup and being surrounded by all these new people made me feel self-conscious and I needed coverage. I had quite a few spots and scars and this promised great coverage, so I took a chance and bought it. My first proper foundation that I bought out of my own money, so I was excited!


The first time I tried Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, I fell in love. It was like most of my imperfections had gone and I'm not exaggerating when I say that. The coverage of this foundation is amazing, it covers up my pimples and it makes the scars on my cheeks a lot less visible, which makes me so happy. The consistency is a really light yet creamy mousse, which blends out onto the skin really easy and it doesn't leave any tide-marks to giveaway that you're wearing it.

Maybelline's Dream Matte Mouse is totally worth the money, in my opinion, because you don't need to use too much of it, just a little dab goes a long way and it blends really easy, so the pot should last you quite a while.

Now to add a just a bit of darkness to this shiny post, I did find one problem with this foundation. That problem was that around Winter, I get bad dry skin and the foundation doesn't blend so good if your face isn't well moisturised as the dry skin makes it look cakey as the foundation just sits on top of the dry skin. So, I wouldn't recommend this one to anyone with bad dry skin, combination skin could get away with it though if you keep up the moisturising routine.

A few tips for using this foundation: 1. Moisturise! 2. Avoid eyebrows when applying because it tends to blog up the space between the eyebrow hairs if it gets caught between them and it is quite hard to remove it with a wipe without messing up what you’ve applied. 3. If like me you buy the ‘Light Porcelain’ shade, make sure you have a good blusher to warm it up. Even though I’m quite pale, this can make you look more so, so a blusher is good to warm it up.

Have you tried the Dream Matte Mousse?
Laura x

2 comments:

  1. I have this foundation and I love it too! I do have to agree with you it does make me look a bit lighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yeah, it does. That's only downside to it :)

      Laura xoxo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...