Tuesday, August 07, 2012

My Current Skin Care Routine.

For some reason whenever I am in a drugstore or around skin care products, I keep looking out for better products to use as a part of my daily beauty regime i.e. better face scrub or a better moisturiser, and, if i’m honest, i’m starting to annoy myself! So, I’ve decided that I am going to stick to these items for the next month or so and see how they work out for my skin.


Clearskin’s (Avon) Blemish Clearing 3 in 1 Cleanser, Scrub & Mask. Usually I prefer to use the Invigorating Scrub (review here), but I ran out of this last month and didn't get the right Avon order, so this was put in as a replacement. Even though the scrub aspect of this product isn't as grainy as my preferred wash, the texture is really nice on the skin. It's not too rough, but you can feel the little exfoliating beads in there. I prefer to use it as a scrub, which leaves my face feeling nice and cleansed. Alternatively, I sometimes leave it on a couple of minutes and use it as a mask.


ASDA’S Young Skin Facial Cleansing Wipes. Someone mentioned these on a fellow beauty blog and I thought since they are only £1 (yes, one pound!) that I’d give them a go. As it says on the package it ‘gently soothes, tones, cleanses and helps to purify the skin’. So after I've washed my face, I use these wipes just as a secondary cleanser to get off any make-up i've missed. I just swoosh it all over my face, leave it to dry and I'm done. And when you’ve used them they do make your skin feel quite cool and clean. 

T-Zone Clear Pore Anti-bacterial Cleanser. I know that the wipes are a cleanser, but I really like this product, so I apply this too. I’ve used it on and off for a couple of years and find that after using it for a couple of weeks that most of my blemishes have gone and my pores look less noticeable. It contains Tea Tree, which is a natural anti-septic, so it helps to prevent breakouts and treat the spots that are already there.

Skin Wisdom's Youth Protect Day Moisturiser/Night Cream. I only just started using these as they were on sale in Tesco & I was looking to try a new moisturiser as my old one was running out and I had no idea where to get it from again. Anyway, these are great! They make my skin feel super soft and it doesn't make my face feel tight like most moisturisers I've used have. The only bad thing is it takes a while to absorb into the skin, so make sure you've got a bit of time in the morning to wait.
So, that for now is my daily/nightly routine. I’m hoping to stick to it for a while and see how my face improves. If anyone has any recommendations of products I should test, leave something in the comments. Don't be shy! :)

What's your skin care regime consist of? Which products do you love most?
Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out to comment, I appreciate it x



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...